Your beeskin can be reused for up to 1 year with proper care. If it doesn’t stick properly anymore or has little flaws, you can simply freshen it up at home. Of course you can also use our repair kit to make your own beeswax wraps. Just make sure that you use fabric which is certified organic. The kit contains 40g of beeskin mixture. If you want to make your own wraps, this is enough for about 1-2 “L” wraps (35x35cm) or 2-3 “m” wraps (the amount varies depending on fabric weight).
This is how it works
- Preheat the oven to 90°C.
- Place your beeskin on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Use a knife to cut small pieces from your wax block or grate chips with an old grater (which makes it easier to distribute evenly).
- Sprinkle the wax pieces evenly on your beeskin if you want to refresh/wax the whole wrap, or apply it only on heavily worn areas.
- Put in the oven for about 3 minutes or until the wax has melted. If you take the tray out of the oven and see that there is still too much wax in a few places, spread it with a brush.
- Allow to cool and reuse it immediately.