IngredientsYou will need:
- 1/2 watermelon, preferably with no or only a few seeds
- 1 handful of fresh, (organic) mint
- 2 fresh limes (or vinegar)
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- feta cheese (we prefer sheep)
Following recipes is sometimes a pain. With our watermelon salad you are free to experiment with the amount of ingredients - it always tastes good. This is how we like it the best, but maybe you prefer more mint or want to substitute the mind with rucola? Go for it and give it a try!Optional: Are you willing to experiment? Try to add
- red onion
- rucola salad
- roasted pinenuts
- You need a big bowl where you can mix all the ingredients with a big spoon.
- Cut the rind off the watermelon, then chop the watermelon into bite size cubes. Put it into the big bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese onto the watermelon.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and add to the watermelon and feta mixture. Gently toss.
- Chop the fresh mint and add to the salad. Gently stir again.
- Give it a try, is some salt missing? You can add coarse sea salt which adds a nice texture.
The salad can be prepared about 1-2 hours before serving. Once you are done, cover it with a beeskin and store it in your fridge until ready to serve. If you add rucola it is best to add it right before serving since otherwise the leaves will soak up the dressing and get soggy.
Cover the remaining watermelon with beeskin until you make the next watermelon salad. Size XL would be the right size. How about adding some blueberries next time?