Sometimes, the simplest things are the most delicious, our flaky, buttery homemade milk buns (Dinner Rolls) are the perfect companion to any meal: breakfast, lunch or dinner.
for 16 bread rolls
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL),
- ½ cup warm water (120 mL),
- 60g unsalted butter, melted,
- 50g sugar,
- 1 packet active dry yeast,
- 500g all-purpose flour,
- 1 ½ tsp salt,
- 2 large eggs, room temperature,
- neutral oil, for greasing, and
- Black Sesame seeds, and sea salt for sprinkling
- Stand mixer,
- Small Bowl to bloom the yeast,
- Bigger bowl to rest the dough,
- beeskin M,
- beeskin XL, and
- beeskin Roll.
Bloom the yeast with the milk, sugar and butter for 5 minutes then combine all ingredients in a mixer (can be done by hand as well) and knead for 8-10 minutes
Punch down the dough, then turn out onto a floured surface. Knead for a few more minutes, just until the dough is smooth, about 2 minutes.
Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, roughly the size of tennis balls and knead to a round shape with a smooth top.
Place the rolls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover with beeskin XL and let rise for 30 minutes. Sprinkle Sesame seeds, sea salt after brushing them with an egg wash.
Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 190° C, or until the rolls have lightly browned and doubled in size.